Tuesday 15 December 2009

Allergies

My allergies hve surfaced randomly. I think it may have something to do with me crawling under the bed to fish out my craft things.. mega dusty under there, should've gotten Chris to do it when he gets home.

Listening to Laura Marling, as recommended by Siobhan. It's a treat to be able to hear my music for once, and something with meaning. My housemates have a penchant for dance music. Which has it's place in the world, but not at ear splitting levels. That belongs in clubs. Not my house.

I realised the things I thought I'd never have, I'm going to get one day. I used to be so sad abot my future, so much that my heart hurt. There's something so tragic about thinking that all your dreams won't come true. But today, I smiled to myself, because I think, now, it's likely I'll be able to live out my wishes and dreams. Have my perfect house, my dogs and rabbit and my partner. I'll be able to have a room for art, crafts and the like. I want an open studio where the light pours in, so I can draw and sew in the late afternoon with the sun. I guess that can't happen in the UK, I'm kind of aiming for Canada. I used to want to live in Sweden, but I don't think clinical depression would mix too well with months of darkness. The summers are beautiful, but I don't think I could deal with the winters.

I'm moving into a flat in February, we're holding out for something awesome. We found one, but I don't think we're in love with it, as both of us said "What if we put down a payment and something else turns up!?" I believe that's a pretty good indicator that we aren't head over heels. I want to be passionate about where I love, not dismissive. And we both have so much clutter, the flat was just too small. And I love my clutter, even if it is useless, which the majority of it is, I can't let it go.

I'm working on some illustrations for me and Siobhan's stall, so I can make some money to go towards the flat expenses! I'll be stitching some cross stitches too but I need some help coming up with ideas etc.. so I'm putting that on hold at the moment.

No comments:

Post a Comment